CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

DO Clàssic Penedès?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> DO Clàssic Penedès? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DO Clàssic Penedès? - 1/20/2023 6:43:11 AM   
forceberry

Should this appellation for sparkling wine be added? Officially Clàssic Penedès is part of the DO Penedès, but the wines have "Clàssic Penedès" in the front label instead of DO Penedès and they might have another name as well, which would make adding the "Clàssic" part in the CT designation field a bit cluttered. Furthermore, due to the order of how appellation and designations are displayed, it would anyway show it wrongly as "Penedès Clàssic" if the options of display appellation is used in conjunction with the "Clàssic" designation. It would be much more straightforward if there was just an option to have Clàssic Penedès as an appellation.

Furthermore, the Colet-Navazos sparkling wines should be adjusted accordingly. The orange-labeled non-Reserva version was DO Penedès until the 2012 vintage and has been Clàssic Penedès since the 2013 vintage. The Reserva version (green label) was DO Penedès until the 2011 vintage and has been Clàssic Penedès since the 2012 vintage. The two different entries for the non-reserva version should be (re-)merged, too.

Thanks!

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile
Post #: 1
RE: DO Clàssic Penedès? - 1/21/2023 4:53:22 AM   
andrew

I have to give this some thought. I have a general aversion to making as Appellation level categories that are essentially defined by marketing bureaus. That said, I did make Corpinnat an Appellation, so there is direct precedent.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to forceberry)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> DO Clàssic Penedès? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI