CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/22/2023 3:27:22 AM   
Stefan

Hi Andrew,
Cool to see you back to updating the spreadsheet! It looks good and I as others are looking forward to using it. When you were away I did a small hack on my own just to display the layout of some of my shelves to be able to verify cellar tracker data with reality. But I did not get around doing more than that. Would love to also get my hands on a new version of your spreadsheet. Let me know if I can help in some way, testing or coding.

Br
Stefan

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 91
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/22/2023 7:04:51 PM   
anevard

Hopefully this weekend we can try and get something going. Not sure the diamond shaped bins will work well.

If we can connect, I’ll walk you through it step by step. We can keep the conversation on the forum so hopefully it will help others when they want to try this.

Cheers,

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 92
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/22/2023 11:09:42 PM   
Stefan

Sounds good!

The diamond shape bins in my excel are essentially just one cell calculating and the others simple lines of a cell border or straight through.

Anyhow, cool to see you picking up the good work, and agree, if we keep the discussion open more will learn.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 93
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/25/2023 10:18:11 AM   
anevard

First copy is out. Waiting to see if it works and the setup learning curve.

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 94
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/25/2023 1:21:36 PM   
Stefan

Connection to Cellar Tracker from the excel-sheet seems not to work for me. The tab "Individual bottles" does not get populated even though the macros says "refreshed from CellarTracker". Macros are enabled to run, and content allowed.

I also tried to changed the password to a lower letter only, no strange characters - still did not get an update list.

Is the connection built upon the webquery-excel-sheet that is provided for download? Just curious since that excel-file downloads my wine bottles without an issue.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 95
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/25/2023 1:35:36 PM   
anevard

Yes it is built on the original query but changed from connection only to an actual web query.

I have a test account for developing the Excel app and had an issue with its password containing non alphanumeric characters. It worked in the original CellarTracker spreadsheet, but not my web query or directly in a web browser, until I removed an & in the password. Then all was good. Are there spaces or non alphanumeric characters in your username or password?

Try using this in a web browser with your user name and password after the appropriate = . See if it downloads the table into the web browser.

https://www.cellartracker.com/xlquery.asp?table=List&User=&Password=

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 96
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 12:43:35 AM   
Stefan

The web query via normal browser works. Then a table is downloaded in the browser. But still no list in the excel-sheet.

I wonder if there is something in excel that still hinders the sheet to work. Or if the login still does not work. I get the same feedback in the sheet regardless if I have the right or wrong password entered.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 97
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 6:22:56 AM   
anevard

I do not trap the query refresh returning blank. Actually I believe it is returning a line indicating you are not logged in. I believe this is related to an issue with power query and authentication, and at this point I have resolved it on my PC but have no idea how to recreate the steps. Once I had resolved my password issue and was able to download the table in a browser, I had no more issues in excel. Are you using Excel 365?

The original webquery file from CT uses a legacy connection and authentication method that does not have this issue.

Also, something strange that I just discovered, when I enter the url from my earlier post, in a browser even without my username and password, my wine list table downloads in the browser. Somewhere there is a cookie or something keeping me logged in. Not really secure but perhaps it is related.

Have you tried saving cookies in MS edge and or Chrome when you login. Try being logged in on a web browser when you run the update.

I am at a bit of a loss here. I tried reaching out to Dan but he is no longer with CT. Maybe Eric can provide some insight.

I will try and send you an unlocked sheet with just the query to see if you can play around with it and find a solution.

Sorry wish I could provide more insight. Not really my area of expertise

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 98
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 6:43:13 AM   
Stefan

I'm using the subscription version of Excel/office so 365 but with the stand alone applications on the computer, not online web-versions.

Interesting observation with the webquery working without password. The same happened to me now when I tried. I usually run Chrome but opened Edge now as well to make sure I was logged in there as well. Cookies saved for both Chrome / Edge. Unfortunately it did not help to populate the excel sheet.

If I find a solution I will try to remember to write down what steps I took

thanks

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 99
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 6:47:02 AM   
anevard

Ok. Here is another data point. Even on my iPad, when I am logged into my account on CT and I enter the url without user name and password, it will download my bottle list. If I logout of my user account and login to my test account, then the same url when refreshed downloads my test account bottle list. I do select Keep me logged in on this computer which is obviously creating a cookie.

I use chrome on both my iPad and PC but might have tried Edge as well on the PC when trying to debug this issue initially.

From what I can tell, Power Query is actually ignoring the authentication and using a cookie stored somewhere on the PC. Interestingly once I have ensured that CT cookies can keep either account logged in, I can change usernames in Excel and I will connect to the correct account. I also assume that once the cookie expires, you would have to login via a browser, select keep me logged in, make sure cookies are allowed for CT and you would be good for a while.

Best I can come up with for now. See if this info helps.

Andrew

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 100
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 6:53:00 AM   
anevard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stefan

I'm using the subscription version of Excel/office so 365 but with the stand alone applications on the computer, not online web-versions.

Interesting observation with the webquery working without password. The same happened to me now when I tried. I usually run Chrome but opened Edge now as well to make sure I was logged in there as well. Cookies saved for both Chrome / Edge. Unfortunately it did not help to populate the excel sheet.

If I find a solution I will try to remember to write down what steps I took

thanks

Strange! Maybe some trust center authentication changes need to be made. I know very little about that.

The web versions of Excel will definitely not work. You are using the right version.

Do you know a bit about power query? If so can you, in a new workbook create a web query with the url and see what happens?

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 101
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 8:06:08 AM   
Stefan

[/quote]

Do you know a bit about power query? If so can you, in a new workbook create a web query with the url and see what happens?

[/quote]

Now I do :-)

In a new spreadsheet I managed to download my cellar-information and populate excel.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 102
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 8:17:53 AM   
anevard

And it still won't work in the Cellar Map spreadsheet?

I am going to send you a file with a query and a macro to refresh it.

Please tell me what happens with that.

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 103
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 9:52:29 AM   
anevard

OK. I might have found it.

In CellarMap

Uncheck Clean Interface
Click on the Data ribbon
Click on Get Data on the left of the ribbon
Select Query Options on the bottom
Go to Global Privacy
Select Always ignore privacy levels settings

That should work.

Andrew

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 104
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 11:38:56 AM   
Stefan

Yes!
That works. I also found a work around in the other sheet you sent. The query "GetWeb = Web.Page(Web.Contents(Source))" did not work with the url as input Source. But when I just pasted the webquery-url in quotation marks, it worked.

Anyhow, now that my table is populated I can look further and see if all works as expected. Great!

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 105
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/26/2023 3:01:13 PM   
anevard

quote:

Yes!
That works. I also found a work around in the other sheet you sent. The query "GetWeb = Web.Page(Web.Contents(Source))" did not work with the url as input Source. But when I just pasted the webquery-url in quotation marks, it worked.

Anyhow, now that my table is populated I can look further and see if all works as expected. Great!

Fantastic. Step one. ;-)

Play around in the Dashboard and then I will begin explaining how to setup the bin sheets. I am sure we will run into some other issues, but I appreciate your patience. Hopefully it will be worth it and we can improve upon things as we move forward.

CTRL-SHIFT-H on some of the pages will bring up some help info. It might be a bit out of date though.

I know it's late for you, for me I am going to go open a bottle of wine !

Cheers,

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 106
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/27/2023 10:36:16 AM   
Stefan

Some initial observations on the Dashboard and data,

#1 The number of wine bottles in the "individual bottles"-list and Dashboard count does not match my cellar.
I have 7,5% of my bottles that ends up as duplicates in my "individual bottles"-list. Same barcode can exist sometimes two or three times.

I can not see the pattern of why these are duplicates. It will not end up as duplicates when I do the webquery in a web browser and the querytest-excel did not render that issue either.

#2 - price is a factor 100 to much
The List of individual bottles shows that "native price"-field is correct, while "Price" is 100 times to much. My wines are in currency SEK or EUR and the calculations are correct, for all but the factor 100. Same issue occurs in the browser web query.

In the excel currency is set to USD, but for us that has another currency as standard it then shows the wrong currency. No big deal, but it's a small error.

#3 "Last drunk" column to short
Date of last drunk in the table under "Dashboard" is to short for me and is truncated, resulting in "######" displayed.

I guess this can be because of different standards in displaying dates. Given that the sheet is protected I can not alter the font size or width of the column to make it fit.

Suggested new features for the future
# A - remove drinking window for N.V. bottles

# B - adding possibility to download consumed bottles and show in the dashboard.
This is something I am really interested in - being able to compare consumed bottles vs what is in the cellar.

# C - Bottle note free text filter in dashboard
I use the bottle note to keep track of e.g. coravin bottles, but also to e.g. differentiate between wines with short consumption time and wines that should stay in the cellar for longer period. And potentially other things as well that is not accommodated by standard fields in CellarTracker.

I have just started to play around with the bin-map, but I'll wait for your guidance before I do more there, even though I think I understood how it probably works.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 107
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/27/2023 3:28:06 PM   
anevard

Hi Stefan,

Glad it is moving forward, if not in a straight line.

For now let's deal with #1. I will take a look at the queries. There is a fair amount going on there. One thing that is important is for location/bin combo to be unique.

I never had any duplication problem, but I only have one location and all the bin names are unique. I'll explore a bit and circle back.

As for currency, I do not do any localization, other than all my prices are in Canadian $. That one might take a bit to figure out.

Width I can adjust. Does it resolve itself if you change the zoom of the sheet?

Once we resolve the dashboard issues we can move onto the mapping.

Cheers,

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 108
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 2/27/2023 3:43:12 PM   
anevard

Turn off simple bottle view and look at the rightmost columns in the Individual Bottles tab. See if anything looks strange. Do you have an idea as to what bottles are being duplicated? Are they bottles in bins with multiple bottles?

EDIT: See if the duplicated bottles are ones that have last drunk dates. It might be a date localization issue when I am trying to determine the maximum last drink date.

< Message edited by anevard -- 2/27/2023 4:02:58 PM >

Andrew

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 109
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/1/2023 11:46:56 AM   
Stefan

I can not see anything that looks odd in the rightmost column in the individual bottles tab for the bottles that are duplicates.

The bins are a mix of singel bottle bins and multi-bottle bins. So no real indicator there.

Not all duplicate wines have a last consumption date. There are some of the bottles that end up as duplicates that are one of its kind in my cellar and therefore don't have a last consumed date. But the dates do look strange, it seems they are listed as MM-DD-YYYY, completely against any logic (but I have learned that's how you list dates over there on the other side of the pond But this is not unique to the ones that are duplicates.

I see one thing though that catches my eye. When duplicates occur - they affect all wines of that type.

E.g. All my Fonseca Vintage Ports from 2003 are duplicated. All "Seghesio Family Vineyards Zinfandel Sonoma County" are duplicated, same with all "Ciavolich Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo Fosso cancelli" and a few more. But what that differentiates these wines from the other beats me at the moment.

I have no occurrences when one wine in the cellar is duplicated and others are not. But of course there are wines I only have one of in the cellar, where there are duplicates.

If it helps I can send a file with some examples of the duplicates.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 110
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/2/2023 7:05:02 AM   
anevard

I am a bit caught up in things at work. Yes please send me what you can and I’ll take a look as soon as possible.

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 111
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/4/2023 10:28:12 AM   
anevard

Ok. I have made some changes that I hope resolve the duplicate bottles issue. I can't reproduce the error, so I will wait for feedback.

If any one else wants to try this let me know. I would be happy to have one or two more people involved in getting this to work for everyone. It works for me and I use it everyday (guess that means I am drinking too much wine)

Cheers,

Andrew

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 112
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/4/2023 12:47:16 PM   
Stefan

I got the new sheet and tried it. Now the duplicates are gone in my list as well and I have the same number of bottles in the dashboard as I have in cellartracker. Great! #1 [solved]

#3 - last drunk column also shows the content. Even using the date format that I have as standard. #3 [solved]

#2 price is still a factor X100.

I also found a new bug
#4 - drink window filter does not work.
Using the filter above "drink window" does not make a difference to my list.

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 113
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/4/2023 1:02:49 PM   
anevard

Cool! We seem to be moving forward.

#2. I don't touch anything in the price column. Unless it is a strange formatting issue, I believe that it is a CT bug. Did you not mention that the issue is also on the CT web site?

#4 Hmm. Do you see the drink window graphs on the dashboard? Also, with simple bottle view not checked, do you see values in the drink window column on the individual bottles tab?

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 114
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/4/2023 2:38:04 PM   
Eric

quote:

ORIGINAL: anevard
#2. I don't touch anything in the price column. Unless it is a strange formatting issue, I believe that it is a CT bug. Did you not mention that the issue is also on the CT web site?

Stefan's decimal separator is a comma and not a period, since his locale is LCID: 1053 (sv-SE) : Swedish and currency is SEK (Swedish Krona).

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 115
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/4/2023 2:53:39 PM   
anevard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eric

quote:

Stefan's decimal separator is a comma and not a period, since his locale is LCID: 1053 (sv-SE) : Swedish and currency is SEK (Swedish Krona).

Of course! I should have thought of that. I have similar issues when dealing with French language spreadsheets here in Montreal.

Unfortunately I do not know how to deal with this dynamically in queries and pivot tables. If anyone has any suggestion .... ?

Andrew

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 116
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/5/2023 3:28:49 AM   
Stefan

quote:

#4 Hmm. Do you see the drink window graphs on the dashboard? Also, with simple bottle view not checked, do you see values in the drink window column on the individual bottles tab?

I see the drink window graphs on the dashboard, as well as drink windows in the bottles tab. It is just the filter that does not affect what is displayed. The filter seems to go back to "all" after I choose something else.

I also saw Erics comments on the currency. So this comment might not be interesting any more. But in the tab "individual Bottles" also here the "Price" column is shown without the , as decimal seperator and thus it is shown with a factor 100. When I run the webquery in a browser the first columns would show:

iWine	Quantity	Pending	Size	Price	Valuation	MyValue	WBValue	CTValue	Currency	Vintage	Wine
4107669	3		0	750ml	199,00	305,44		0,00	0,00	305,44	SEK		2018	Allegrini La Grola Veronese IGT

Whilest in the excel it would show something like this

iWine	Barcode		Location	Bin	Size	Currency	ExchangeRate	Valuation	Price	NativePrice	NativePriceCurrency	StoreName	PurchaseDate	Note	Vintage	Wine
4107669	0160784750	Cellar		Låda7	750ml	SEK		1		305,44		19900	199		SEK			Systembolaget	2022-04-06	2018	Allegrini La Grola Veronese IGT

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 117
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/5/2023 5:51:16 AM   
anevard

quote:

quote:

I see the drink window graphs on the dashboard, as well as drink windows in the bottles tab. It is just the filter that does not affect what is displayed. The filter seems to go back to "all" after I choose something else.

I also saw Erics comments on the currency. So this comment might not be interesting any more. But in the tab "individual Bottles" also here the "Price" column is shown without the , as decimal seperator and thus it is shown with a factor 100. When I run the webquery in a browser the first columns would show:

iWine	Quantity	Pending	Size	Price	Valuation	MyValue	WBValue	CTValue	Currency	Vintage	Wine
4107669	3		0	750ml	199,00	305,44		0,00	0,00	305,44	SEK		2018	Allegrini La Grola Veronese IGT

Whilest in the excel it would show something like this

iWine	Barcode		Location	Bin	Size	Currency	ExchangeRate	Valuation	Price	NativePrice	NativePriceCurrency	StoreName	PurchaseDate	Note	Vintage	Wine
4107669	0160784750	Cellar		Låda7	750ml	SEK		1		305,44		19900	199		SEK			Systembolaget	2022-04-06	2018	Allegrini La Grola Veronese IGT

The Drink Window dropdown going back to All is error trapping when that type of drink window is not available. However, I will send you a new version that changes the dropdown to a slicer on the vintage Tab of the dashboard. Now you can see what drinking window types are actually available and choose multiple ones such as Young and Drink. Hopefully this version has no regression as I fiddled with quite a few things.

BTW the drinking window is just a simple calculation algorithm that I use. It is not the more complex drinking windows from CT. I will elaborate a bit in another post.

As for the price, I will have to see if I can find a solution. I assume you are seeing 19900 rather than 199?

Andrew

(in reply to Stefan)
Post #: 118
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/5/2023 5:57:01 AM   
Stefan

quote:

As for the price, I will have to see if I can find a solution. I assume you are seeing 19900 rather than 199?

Correct!

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 119
RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet - 3/5/2023 6:00:35 AM   
anevard

Here is the M-Code for the drinking window. Any suggestions to improve upon it would be welcome.

#"Added CleanVintage" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded LastConsumed", "CleanVintage", each 
    if Value.Is(Value.FromText([Vintage]),Int64.Type) then [Vintage] else 0),

#"Added CleanBegin" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added CleanVintage", "CleanBegin", each 
    if Value.Is(Value.FromText([Begin]),type text) then [CleanVintage] 
    else if [Begin] = "" then [CleanVintage]
    else if Value.FromText([Begin]) > 3000 then [CleanVintage] 
    else [Begin]),

#"Added CleanEnd" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added CleanBegin", "CleanEnd", each 
    if Value.Is(Value.FromText([End]),type text) then CurrentYear
    else if [End] = "" then CurrentYear
    else if Value.FromText([End]) > 3000 then CurrentYear
    else [End]),

#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added CleanEnd",{{"CleanVintage", Int64.Type}, {"CleanBegin", Int64.Type}, {"CleanEnd", Int64.Type}}),

#"Added PrelimDrinWin" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "PrelimDrinkWin", each 
    if CurrentYear <= [CleanEnd] then (CurrentYear-[CleanBegin]) / ([CleanEnd]-[CleanBegin] +1) 
    else ((CurrentYear-[CleanEnd]) / ([CleanEnd]-[CleanBegin] +1)+1)),

#"Added DrinkWindow" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added PrelimDrinWin", "DrinkWindow", each 
    if [PrelimDrinkWin] > 2 then 2 
    else if [PrelimDrinkWin] < -1 then -1 
    else [PrelimDrinkWin]),

#"Added DrinkWinRange" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added DrinkWindow", "DrinkWinRange", each 
    if [DrinkWindow] >= 1.25 then "Dead" 
    else if [DrinkWindow] >= 1.10 and [DrinkWindow] < 1.25 then "Over" 
    else if [DrinkWindow] >= .90 and [DrinkWindow] < 1.10 then "Decline" 
    else if [DrinkWindow] >= .25 and [DrinkWindow] < .90 then "Drink" 
    else if [DrinkWindow] >= 0 and [DrinkWindow] < .25 then "Young" 
    else if [DrinkWindow] < 0 then "Wait"
    else null),

< Message edited by anevard -- 3/5/2023 6:04:48 AM >

Andrew

(in reply to anevard)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> RE: Cellar Map - new spreadsheet Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI