CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

New charts are awesome!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> New charts are awesome! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New charts are awesome! - 1/23/2024 12:30:00 PM   
KPB

At some point, is there any chance you could make it so that if we click a chart, it does the obvious query? Like, if I click "wines overdue to drink" it would pull up that list of bottles (which it often gets wrong, by the way -- says that VP is way overdue, for bottles that will drink well in 50 more years! The drinking window data in CT sometimes is skewed sort of oddly -- maybe newbies who have no clue?)

Anyhow, setting that to the side, another cool thing you could do, on a boring afternoon, would be a timeline -- maybe a slider. If I would drag it, say to 2010, it would show my charts as of 2010 (or even better, a second pane side by side for comparison purposes: then on the right, now on the left?)

But I really mean that someday it would be cool to do that. Not that it is useless now or a high priority now!

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology
Post #: 1
RE: New charts are awesome! - 1/23/2024 4:40:39 PM   
al00p

iPhone/iPad/Mac users: WineGPS does that with your CT bottles!

Tap the bar you wish to explore in the chart and the details display in a new view. Tap to drink is possible from that view. Use the back button to tap a different bar.

On this particular chart, the number of bottles are along the vertical axis. The horizontal axis has the "consume during" range.

All of the charts in WineGPS have a drill into feature when it makes sense: Purchases, Consumed, Top Varietals, Top Producers, GeoLocation and more.

CinCin
Al

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 2
RE: New charts are awesome! - 3/9/2024 1:41:14 PM   
srogers1@gmail.com

quote:

make it so that if we click a chart, it does the obvious query?

Yes - that would be really cool, and useful. Say - if you could click on a bar in "Your Top X" and get that list. Particularly, to drill down in "Wines by Drinking Window" - because when you get "Past Drinking Window" and there is a bar, the immediate question is: what are they?

Thanks - SR

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> New charts are awesome! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI